Search news

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

News from the Nevada Animal Shelter

We have gotten a few calls here at the shelter today asking us about the fire that happened here last night. As far as we can tell, someone put a cigarette in one of our flower boxes out front. It smoldered until about 10pm last night when it finally caught fire. 

Thankfully, a Good Samaritan driving by called it in and Nevada Fire and local police officers showed up and put it out. There was no damage done to the building and all the animals are fine. It definitely could have been a different story had it not been for the person who called it in. 

So, we wanted to say a big THANK YOU to them and to our First Responders for coming down and taking care of us and the animals! We greatly appreciate it!