Bates County – Drivers should watch for contractor crews making sidewalk improvements and working close to traffic in Amsterdam, Amoret, Hume and Rich Hill beginning the week of October 11, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Improvements include making sidewalks, curb ramps and pedestrian areas conform to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
Crews will be doing the following work:
- Amsterdam: Bates County Route Y – Build a sidewalk from Walnut Street south to a point approximately 300 feet
- Amoret: Missouri Route 52 – Install curb ramps at the intersections of 1st Street, 2nd Street, Broadway Street, 3rd Street and 4th Street
- Hume: Bates County Route A – Build sidewalks between Spring Street and Hume Street and install five pedestrian crossings between 7th Street and Reese Street
- Rich Hill: Bates County Route A – Install three pedestrian crossings at the intersections of 1st Street, 4th Street and 10th Street
- Work will be done during daytime hours (7 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Friday)
- Drivers may encounter flaggers in areas where crews are working
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers approaching work zones
- No signed detours
- Drivers should find alternate routes around work zones
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
- Prime contractor: Branco Enterprises Inc., Springfield
- Total cost: $275,000
- Completion date: November 1, 2021