Sunday, March 20, 2022

Attic fire at a home in Nevada

On March 20th around 6:47 a.m. the Nevada Fire Department were called for a fire in attic of a residence at 810 W. Arch in Nevada.

When crews arrived on scene they found smoke coming out of the ceiling of the upstairs attic. They had to remove the ceiling and insulation from the area. Quick knock down of the fire was made by crews.

The cause of this fire was found to be a short in the electrical wiring in the attic. The America Red Cross was called for the displacement of the residents.

The home was owned by Troy Rainey and was occupied by Joan Middleton. No one was injured in this fire.


Courtesy of Nevada Fire Chief Troy Denney

Search news